Security Director (Tri-State)
WeWork’s Tri-State Security Team is currently in search of a Security Director who is proficient and highly experienced in all elements of physical security as it relates to site security, adjusting standard security designs to regional and enterprise client specifications, and managing a territory Security team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility and the hunger to secure amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
As a Security Director you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal security, construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups to bring WeWork spaces from concept to fruition. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with potential Enterprise Member Companies, as well as hired consultants, to bring larger clients into WeWork and customize their spaces while maintaining our fleetwide standards and practices.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Partnering with Community Team: Leveraging community to enforce and assist with Security - Community serves every day members and Security should ensure safe spaces and securing assets
- Strong Project Management - experience and participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects.
- Triage Emergencies- Be able to manage emergencies varying from urgent (10 minutes) to 1 week turn arounds with level-headedness.
- Strong Communicator - Know when to provide transparency between multiple leaders/organizations. Help support Global WeWork HQ coordination as well as regular business service line support, physical security, executive security, cyber security response
- Managing multiple priorities - Prioritize and manage varying levels of importance and follow up completion results and requirements
- Staff development - manage large team with varying skill sets, instilling WeWork culture and coaching on executive communication and mentoring.
- Be the subject matter expert for physical security, as well as Health and Safety (OSHA or OSHA standard equivalent) in region for Safety and Security.
- Security Training - Manages groups who conduct internal and external security trainings across business lines ranging from Crisis Management, AED/CPR, cyber security, keycard access, visitor control, camera response
- Financial Acumen - Acting territory subject matter on Security and Safety budget items
- Landlord Integration - Manage relationship and physical onsite systems, possess technical skills to understand base building integration
- Openings - Have thorough understanding of security design, opening day access controls, and conduct ongoing vendor management
- Security Technology - Understanding of core technology functions as it relates to physical security
- External Vendor Management - work with preferred vendors to develop and review large scale territory contracts to support our services and needs. Ensure compliance, manage multiple vendors for changes in scope of work, ensure contracts are being adhered to, conduct vendor quality control
- Event Security - Develop appropriate security plans and implementation of weekly to monthly events as well as post after action skill required.
- Executive Protection - Strong understanding of EP requirements and code of conduct as well as scheduling staffing for planned and last minute events.
- Capital Improvements - Propose capital improvement projects to the regional Capital Improvements team. Ensuring other projects have compliance to security requirements and are thoroughly designed. Understand project budgeting/scheduling with a focus on soft costs and ensure project milestones are being met on time
- Local Law Enforcement Relationship - Host regular meetings with local law enforcement, first responders, relief personnel, and industry peers to establish collaborative rapport with local support and thought partners.
- Enterprise Coordination - Liaise with prospective Enterprise Enterprise Member companies’ security team leads to discuss, develop, and document physical and technological requirements and customization in concert with fleetwide Basis of Design, with minimal direction.
Expectations for the role
- Strategic Thinking- candidate must show ability to think on a strategic level. Person needs to be able to see and articulate bigger picture of their actions to contribute to global security.
- Motivating/ Inspiration- Candidate must possess true leadership qualities and be able to motivate employee and inspire team bonding/ rewards.
- Charisma- Ability to interactive with members to executives to technicians
- Innovative- Think outside the box with changing product scopes, support groups and staffing.
- Managing Up- Must have ability to manage up in a proactive manner to address concerns and speak for team both in a regional or global scale.
- Proactive vs. Reactive - Try to be proactive, as much as possible, in addressing training, technology solutions, etc.
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
- Strong working knowledge of market health and safety codes and regulations.
- Experience in business continuity planning and provisioning.
- Crisis and incident management training.
- Ability to source, aggregate, digest, and act upon news and intelligence from various sources ranging from traditional media, social media, and open source platforms.
- Experience in security design (technical and operational) in unique and challenging environments.
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations and companies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.
- Experience with access control software and systems.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Reliable, focused, and detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of low voltage technology (CCTV, Alarms, access control). Understanding of basic networking concepts.
- Experience operating in enterprise systems with global reach.
- Experience managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Experience with helpdesk applications.
- Experience with service management software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications and have the ability to learn and use new platforms.
- 10+ years practical experience in physical security design and implementation.
- 5+ years of client-facing experience in safety/security.
- Experience with S2 Access Control System.
- Experience using Zendesk ticket management system.
- Experience with Google apps and programs.
- Ability to confidently review and markup construction documents. Knowledge of various development disciplines preferred.
- CPP Certified.