Netflix is leading the disruption of internet television. We have the largest global subscription based video on demand entertainment service. Our 100+ million subscribers in more than 190 countries consume over ten billion hours of video every quarter.
The Netflix Content Platform Engineering, develops software that is used to create the Netflix global catalog and is consumed by other engineering teams. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self directed, collaborative and insightful.
What will you do
We are looking for a UI engineer to join our team and help building tools and products for the next generation of studio technology at Netflix.
- You are an expert level UI engineer with experience on modern UI frameworks such as React.js
- You understand the intricacies of DOM and have command over the APIs and their performance implications
- You have in-depth knowledge about HTML5 and CSS and can make the right choices when building responsive UI applications
- Strong understanding of UI performance metrics, as well as how to capture and interpret them.
- You have strong communication skills across the board, with a passion for finding and sharing best practices and driving greater discipline across organizations.
Nice to have (but not required)
- Exposure to Java based backend systems
- Familiarity with API specifications such as JSONAPI or GraphQL