Netflix is a subscription based Internet streaming service with over 100 million members across 190 countries. Membership platform is a critical system that manages 100+ million memberships and enables customers to subscribe via Netflix App and Partner channels like iTunes, T-Mobile etc.
The Membership engineering team builds the infrastructure services and tools to enable a great customer experience on all the platforms, from the TV App to Mobile App to Customer service. Our services abstract the complexity around subscriber signup, member pricing, gifts and promotions, membership lifecycle and operate at scale to enable critical functions like concurrent streams, video quality, etc.
We're looking for seasoned engineers who are passionate about the customer experience, are data-driven, and enjoy ideation and problem solving in a collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Build RESTful services that operate at scale, are fault tolerant and efficient
- Take full ownership of features from ideation to production rollout in a collaborative environment
- Identify opportunities to improve the existing services and workflows to improve developer experience, operations and/or customer experience
- Collaborate with business partners to translate requirements into simple, yet elegant solutions
We're Looking For An Engineer With
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and prior experience building and operating services at scale
- Experience in server-side development using Java/C#/C++, Distributed DB like Cassandra, Messaging systems like Kafka/SQS, and SQL
- Experience developing for a cloud environment like AWS, RPC via gRPC or similar would be a bonus
- A 'Leave it better than you found it' attitude and takes pride in improving products/systems/tools etc even if not originally involved
- Ability to tailor the message and effectively communicate technical complexity & trade offs to business partners