At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Sourcing Manager, you will help design and lead our very first team dedicated to elevating referral and referrer experience. You will mentor and develop a team of Referral Advocates and build scalable solutions for a high growth and high demand channel - Referrals. You will develop strategies and will be responsible for driving operational excellence with the aim of delivering engaging experiences while incrementally increasing our various referral program metrics.
In this role, you will combine your leadership skills with strong problem solving. You’ll train, grow, and lead a team to deliver amazing experiences to our employees who help refer their networks and to our referral candidates. This role is perfect for someone with strong project management capabilities, excellent people skills, a drive to constantly raise the bar and passion for creating 5 star experiences.
What you'll do
- Lead, support, and grow a team of individuals that support the employees helping with Uber’s growth through referring their personal networks.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of seasoned business and recruiting leadership to optimize the employee referral hiring pipeline and improve the referral experience.
- Scale the Referral Advocate team to meet the needs of our growing Engineering and Operations organizations.
- Operationalize concepts and streamline processes with a sharp focus on data and experience.
What you'll need
- At least 6 years recruiting experience in similar orgs.
- Demonstrated ability to digest and use data to drive decision making.
- Success in developing, mentoring and managing large (>4), high-output recruitment (or similar functional) teams.
- Experience collaborating with org wide stakeholders in documenting and implementing process change.
- Previous experience with building sourcing techniques that maximize the impact of passive and active referral candidates
- Experience working in environments with high volume candidate processing or hypergrowth needs
- Technical recruiting experience
About the team
Hiring is a key driver to Uber’s long term success, and employee referrals are a crucial part of our overall recruiting strategy. Our Employee Referral Advocate Team is all about delivering an engaging recruiting experience to both candidates and employees.