PxWe Senior Development Operations, Content Lead
About PxWe Services:
WeWork has evolved from providing flexible workspaces for individual members to providing a full suite of design, construction, and operations solutions to a wide range of client members. Whether executing a project in a client’s lease or in our own, the Powered by We (PxWe) team leverages WeWork’s global experience, market penetration, and economies of scale to deliver exceptional custom designed spaces and services for clients of all shapes and sizes. To support this rapidly growing offering, we’re scaling our best in class team.
Role Overview & Responsibilities
As a Global Operations Content Specialist, you will:
- Identify content and communication strategies to help connect our global network and strengthen our internal messaging
- Network with Regional Ops and Development Leadership to identify specific and on-going communication needs
- Own the creation of content and execution of our Global Newsletter and Connect Page platform. This will include content outlines, content development, staff/leadership interviews, visual content acquisition, content routing
Assist in designing and implementing operational improvements within your designated region, and across various PxWe projects. With the goal of helping the PxWe design & development teams improve continuously, you will work closely with both the Global PxWe Design Operations team and the regional PxWe Directors to optimize our processes and effect positive change at a regional scale. Additionally, you will aid in creating continued personal and professional growth for our design & development team members. Our PxWe team is an international, interdisciplinary group that includes design, construction, and project delivery professionals. With this in mind, you should be able to work across multi-disciplinary team seamlessly.
Particularly important to the role is the ability to communicate effectively, and to maintain open lines of communication with various team members and stakeholders in your region.
- Keep Your Eyes (and Ears) Open - Constantly listen to and engage with team members in your region to understand blockers that exist in current process. The best way to find a path forward is to firmly understand the issues at hand, so embedding yourself within each of these disciplines is extremely important.
- Solve Problems - Think creatively to generate solutions for existing blockers within your region. Interface with both the Directors of your region, and with Global Design Operations to tackle challenges head on and in an innovative way.
- Think Ahead - As a group, we always want to be more proactive than reactive. So you should enjoy thinking about what’s to come for the regional PxWe group, and formulate creative ideas as to how we can best prepare for the future from an operational perspective.
- Take Initiative - We’ve got a lot to do! So it’s important that you feel comfortable taking initiative and beta-testing a solution to any given problem. The Global Ops team will always be here to bounce ideas ideas off of, but you should be excited by taking initiative and running with a potential solution on your own.
- Manage Resources - Working alongside the Directors, oversee design resources to ensure your region is properly staffed to achieve goals. Analyze future pipeline and assess potential resourcing needs for regional team to achieve defined yearly goals. Communicate any blockers to proper resourcing to the Head of Design Operations.
- Build Our Team - Working with the People team and the regional Directors, lead efforts to expand our team within the region. Develop a cadence for recruiting and onboarding amazing regional talent.
- Question. Always Question - We are a rapidly growing organization, and there always is something we can improve upon. You should be comfortable asking, “What are we not doing, that we should be?” or “Why do we do it this way?”, and then get excited by finding the best possible answer.
- Communication & Collaboration - Working well across disciplines is key to succeeding in this role, so it’s important that you are a clear and concise communicator who listens to and weighs all opinions on the table. Additionally, it’s important that you maintain open lines of communication with the Ops group at a global level. By sharing both the strengths and challenges of your region with the larger group, you will be able to simultaneously teach and learn within our Ops guild.
- Adapt - Our company is ever-changing and ever-growing. This requires team members who are adaptable and flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
- Respect Confidentiality - This role inevitably will involve confidential conversations and sensitive information, both related to individual team members and the company itself. It’s of the utmost importance that you are able to respect the need for certain information to remain confidential, and to maintain the trust of others in this context.
- Dual-reports to PxWe Global Ops / PxWe and Design Directors Representative
Minimum of 5+ years in design, development, or operations industry. Undergraduate or graduate degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or another related design discipline.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about people, process, and being part of a best in class design & construction
- Habitually thinking outside the box and exploring new ways to solve problems
- A team collaborator, clear communicator, and effective motivator
- Committed to optimizing productivity and continuous improvement