Personalization algorithms at Netflix deliver recommendations to over 125 million subscribers worldwide. To continually improve and innovate on our product, we maintain a relentless focus on empirical analysis and experimentation. As a Data Scientist in Algorithms Science & Analytics, you will be partnering with product and engineering teams to optimize personalization algorithms used to suggest movies and TV shows to Netflix members. This is a high-impact role in which you will have direct influence on how product decisions related to recommendations are made.
For a flavor of the work that is done on the team, check out our blog post:
Innovating Faster on Personalization Algorithms at Netflix Using Interleaving
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making around personalization algorithms at Netflix.
- Proactively perform data exploration to understand user behavior and identify opportunities for improving our recommendation algorithms.
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches that could sharpen our product decision-making process.
- Research new measurements and frameworks to enable understanding of emergent phenomena, e.g. the impact of off-product behavior on Netflix viewing.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive product innovation
- Deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hive, Pig, Presto, Spark)
- Strong programming skills (ideally in Python or R)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep product sense
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix Culture
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.