About the Role:
The Contracts Associate will be responsible for assisting the Growth Legal team for WeWork’s West US/Canada region in all facets of work, focusing particularly on the end-to-end lifecycle of our customer membership agreement. The Contracts Associate will work with both internal (WeWork’s Community, Sales and Enterprise teams) and external parties to assist in the drafting and negotiation of contracts pertaining to members taking space with WeWork while minimizing risk exposure. Additionally, the Contracts Associate may have the opportunity, from time to time, to assist the West’s Commercial Legal team with the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of contracts for various other regional stakeholders (e.g., Procurement, Business Development, Events, Marketing and Public Affairs).
- Provide time-sensitive support to the Community teams by responding to inquiries; including, but not limited to, inquiries regarding general legal guidelines, policies and specific contracts.
- Review, draft and/or negotiate contracts, amendments and various other legal documents.
- Provide support to the Sales and Enterprise teams on membership agreements, including assisting in the review, negotiation and drafting process.
- Assist with the implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding Growth (sales) transactions.
- As needed, assist the West’s Commercial Legal team with the drafting and negotiation of contracts and amendments for various other regional stakeholders (e.g., Procurement, Business Development, Events, Marketing and Public Affairs).
- Maintain our contract management systems and other databases.
- Bachelor’s degree required; top school, with high GPA, preferred.
- 0 - 3 years in-company experience in contracts management and/or process management.
- Contract drafting and/or other transactional experience highly preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure and entrepreneurial environment.
- Responsible, accountable and results-driven.
- Excellent proofreading, organizational and communication skills.
- Motivated individual able to manage and prioritize competing tasks.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.