Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to have an immediate impact on logistics and transportation in hundreds of cities? Are you excited to expand Uber's understanding of the world, and help move people and things more efficiently? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a great fit for this team at Uber!
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make an impact and has the skills to match. If you join our team, you will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world-class team that values growth and camaraderie.
You will be developing the algorithms that fuel Uber's services by extracting signals from vast amounts of sensor data.
What you'll need
- Excellent programming and algorithmic skills (we mainly use Java & Python)
- Deep understanding of and experience with Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and GPS sensors in mobile devices.
- Experience applying Machine Learning, state estimation (Kalman filters, etc.), signal processing, and sensor fusion to motion sensor or other time series data.
- Prior experience working with data at scale, including experience with some or all of the following: HDFS, S3, Kafka, Storm, Samza, Spark, EMR.
- Bonus points if you have experience working with other sensor types (audiovisual, barometric, etc.) or with mobile devices of varying quality.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.