Netflix is leading the disruption of Internet television. We have the largest global subscription based video on demand entertainment service in the world. Our subscribers consume over five billion hours of video a quarter and account for about 33% of the downstream Internet traffic in North America. Subscribers enjoy Netflix on more than 1,000 different device types. Supporting this global brand presents significant engineering challenges. At the center of those challenges is the Netflix Content Platform team, responsible for putting together the product streamed by our customers.
The Content Metadata Engineering team develops systems that allow creative teams in Netflix to elevate our metadata thus improving the Netflix experience. If you are a software engineer/architect,with experience building distributed and scalable architectures, we'd love to tell you more about this amazing opportunity! Our International expansion as well as the increase in Original content has brought in very interesting challenges to our tool set such as high scalability, availability, security, maintainability and innovation. We will be delivering solutions leveraging the cloud infrastructure to meet these challenges.
When you get up in the morning and think about your work for the day, are you excited? Can't wait to get started? Do you feel like the work you do makes a difference and moves the business in a meaningful way? Do your co-workers know who you are, what you do, and that you do it exceptionally well? Do you want to work with smart people who love to solve hard problems? This is the kind of environment that we value at Netflix. High performance is not only noticed but required.
- Experience building Distributed and Scalable architectures
- Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Concurrency
- Experience building Micro Services
- Knowledge of different Data Storage technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Riak, HBase, RDBMS, Elastic Search, etc.
- Experience in backend Java programming
- Demonstrated success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles
Bonus points for:
- Experience in writing solutions deployed to cloud (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience in reactive programming (double bonus if already working with any reactivex technology)
To learn more about this challenging work and some of the technologies we use, visit:
InfoShare presentation on technologies we use in the team