At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is looking for Learning Experience Designers to work with our Global Community Operations team and own the design and development of scalable training products that stick. This multifaceted role requires project management, creativity and proficiency in adult learning, storytelling/writing, elearning and live learning development, user experience, and training.
You’ll be supporting the Global Learning Experience (LX) team in the creation of clear, effective, engaging learning experiences. You’ll work with a variety of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and utilize available resources to produce relevant, measurable and learner-centered learning solutions utilizing scripts, storyboards, content authoring tools, and design techniques.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the end-to-end design and development of a learning solution, from initial scoping to final learning product release.
- Work within an Agile learning team to provide feedback the elevates the quality of all training resource; quickly iterate as needed, optimizing the team workflow for effective yet efficient designs
- Work with SMEs and internal clients to synthesize content, develop scripts, and produce digital and live learning experiences that support knowledge acquisition and application. This includes, but is not limited to, video animations, interactive interfaces, simulations, screencasts, infographics, and other digital or non-digital training resources.
- Develop performance-based learning objectives and ensure training products are designed and to achieve those objectives through effective design practices, testing, and other UX best practices.
- Uphold and elevate the quality and effectiveness of learning designs used by the team
- Coach other designers in best practices, and help the team conceptualize, design, and organize projects.
What You'll Need
- A personal portfolio linked on the top of your resume. Please share a sample of elearnings or anything relevant you'd like to share pertaining to this role
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3 years of instructional design experience
- Experience with LMS environments, Adobe Creative Cloud, elearning content authoring tools (Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Elucidat, etc.), and screencasts (Screenflow or Camtasia)
- Knowledge of different elearning formats and ability to recommend the best approach based on the uniqueness of each situation (.MP4, SCORM or xAPI)
- Background in adult learning and instructional design; additional familiarity with design thinking, UX, and/or video production preferred
Bonus Points if
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design
- Experience in customer support or community operations
- Experience working on a global team
About the Team
Our Community Operations Teams are all about operational efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that the teams are able to continuously provide premier support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about designing scalable, engaging and effective learning experiences for our learning programs that will be rolled out to tens of thousands of people around the world