Travel Required: No | People Manager: No
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Senior Social Analyst is a critical member of the Analytics and Social teams at Hulu, who will be responsible for extracting insights across paid and owned channels to identify marketing strategies, assess campaign performance, and define and track social KPIs that translate to tangible marketing and business impact. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of leveraging social performance insights to help the team make informed decisions on marketing strategies and program tactics. You will be responsible for framing and translating business questions into analytical plans to help extract actionable insights. You will work collaboratively with our Social Analytics Manager to ensure consistency of social media data and insights.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and manage analytics framework for social campaigns (paid and owned channels) to quantify and optimize impact on core marketing and business goals.
- Establish best practices on how to define, measure, report, and optimize social campaign performance against business objectives.
- Understand and leverage existing social media tools, BI tools and internal data sources to better define and showcase how social media success translates into business outcomes
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for the Marketing team as it relates to social performance analytics
- Work with the Social Team to develop easy to digest tactical reporting solutions
- Accelerate speed to insights for timely decision making - spot trends before they become trends and gain predictability in where and how we invest our resources.
- Partner with a vendor and internal tech team to execute customer match across owned channels to identify opportunities for acquisition/retention and quantifying the impact of social efforts (paid, owned, earned)
- Develop a data-driven process to identify influencers using a combination of off-the-shelf tools and internal data
- In conjunction with the Social Analytics Manager, manage, evaluate, and streamline social analytics tools and vendors
WHAT TO BRING
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent
- 3-5 years of analytics experience related specifically to social media and/or digital marketing
- Strong point-of-view on how to best leverage available data within social platforms
- Knowledge of industry-leading social media tools, data sources, and listening platforms and proficiency with at least one tool such as Netbase.
- Strong Power Point and Excel skills
- Proactive, adaptive and collaborative work style
- A strong attention to detail, particularly when it comes to data quality and reporting
- Well-versed in story-based reporting
- Experience with SQL and Tableau a plus
- Familiarity with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics a plus
- Experience with data match vendors and projects a plus
- A forward leader who can create unique, value-add, evolving insights
- Comfortable working with executive levels and works effectively across functions and geographies.
- Vendor and agency management experience and an understanding of how to get the best out of vendors/agencies.
- Proactive and independent; Ability to manage workload by balancing future logistical and strategic needs.