We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Shared Rides data science is responsible for the analytics involved in enabling our drivers to transport multiple riders heading the same way and ensure that uberPOOL is an attractive opportunity to drivers and rider; experimenting with innovative new product offerings and pickup swaps; simulating marketplace changes to understand their effects; and designing our realtime dispatching and pricing systems to benefit riders, drivers and cities.
Joining our team is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is changing the world of transportation and logistics forever. For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime!
What You'll Need
- The ability to lead a diverse team that uses technical tools from Operations Research, Statistics, Machine Learning, and Economics
- At least two years experience successfully leading a technical team
- The ability to coordinate with diverse stakeholders from data science, product, engineering, and city operations
- A strong record of prior research and / or product development experience
- PhD strongly prefered in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Statistics, Management Science, Computer Science or Economics.
- Familiarity with technical tools for analysis and engineering implementation
- A Research-to-Implementation Mindset: ability to spearhead a project from idea to experimentation to prototype to implementation.
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through - you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- You want to change the world. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- A desire to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment.