About the Role:
WeWork is seeking an extremely talented, hands-on, member of our People Team (HR) who exemplifies teamwork and professionalism. The Senior People Lead role is based in San Francisco and supports employees across the West Region with minimal travel (10%). The ideal candidate is an HR professional with broad generalist experience, capable of delivering results in the areas of engagement, employee relations and performance management. The Senior People Lead must be able to effectively coach and influence employees and managers, and assist the business in areas such as on-boarding, talent management, local compliance and training. This position will report into the Manager, People Partner.
Who are you?
You are comfortable with a high volume workload and aren’t afraid to "roll up your sleeves”. You thrive in a highly dynamic, high growth, fast-paced environment and are capable of delivering results on a short timeline. You are comfortable with implementing and delivering HR programs and initiatives. You want to be part of a team that deeply cares for one another and works together. You share the WeWork values and desire to be the best in the world - all while ensuring we are having fun!
- Serve as first point of contact of people questions and concerns ensuring outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best in class (HR) support
- Ensure compliance with company policy and local employment law
- Support employee on-boarding leveraging regional and HQ support
- Ensure that HR systems are kept current
- Support managers with self-serve HR systems
- Adopt and adapt existing WeWork HR practices and policies, developing local approaches to manage an effective regional HR function
- Works directly with managers in all departments to support them in effectively managing their teams and managing performance
- Conduct talent reviews with managers
- Partner with payroll to ensure any questions are answered in a timely way
- Work with managers to identify training needs and partner with centralized HR team to leverage HQ resources as well as identifying opportunities to localize content and delivery
- Establish and manage ongoing strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop and maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company’s compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in generalist HR capacity -- Solid understanding for all of the disciplines within HR: Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, HR Systems, HR Operations, Employee Engagement, and Organizational Development
- Experience in a high-growth organization
- Experience partnering with business managers and leaders in a dynamic business setting
- Strong understanding and ability to be highly productive and influential in a matrixed management environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document and report preparation
- Proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Experience building HR policies/programs from scratch
- Experience supporting multiple states
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!