With over 130 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix seeks an experienced legal affairs attorney to help support the acquisition, licensing and distribution of kids and family content.
The successful candidate will work with the company’s Kids and Family Programming content team to structure, draft and negotiate rights acquisition, licensing, distribution and co-production agreements with producers and distributors of kids and family content. The role will also require liaising and advising cross-functional teams on acquisition strategies for original commissioned content as well as second run and library catalog content. The role requires thorough knowledge of the current media landscape, including SVOD/FVOD platforms, domestic and international linear networks, and evolving windowing and holdback strategies across the media distribution landscape. Excellent drafting, creative thinking and good judgment, flexibility to quickly pivot within a strategy and ability to independently make decisions that have both legal and business impact. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our developing kids programming strategy and make decisions that have both business and legal impacts.
The successful candidate will have 5 - 7 years of broad based, in-house business and legal affairs experience. Confidence and expertise in structuring and negotiating content licensing and distribution agreements, including co-production agreements is required. Familiarity with kids and family content and animation is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
The successful candidate will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
This position is based in Los Angeles.