Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to have an immediate impact on logistics and transportation in hundreds of cities? Are you excited to help move people and things more efficiently around the world? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a great fit for this team at Uber.
We are dedicated to solving incredibly compelling challenges for our mapping and location platform at Uber. You will be working with some of the world's most experienced professionals, programmers, innovators, and scientists on a very user-facing product.
This Search Team is developing the next generation geospatial search technology for Uber. This involves all aspects of geospatial search for Uber including location autocomplete, reverse geocoding, localization, personalization and predictions. The team builds search technology that fuels the geospatial search features in Uber's applications used by all Uber users worldwide. We ship every week and are always running user facing experiments.
What you'll need
- Architecture skills. You should have ideas on how to construct software systems and good knowledge of the principles of fault-tolerance, reliability and durability.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance production services with robust monitoring and logging practices.
- Ability to create and interact with very large data processing pipelines, distributed data stores, map reduce, and distributed file systems.
- Experience with search engine technology is prefered. Search ranking, infrastructure, indexing, and Lucene and other similar technologies a plus.
- Bonus points if you have worked with geospatial data or built geospatial services.
- Bonus points for machine learning skills.
- Excellent programming and algorithmic skills (we mainly use Java & Python).
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.