Regional Security Manager , HQ by WeWork Job Description
The HQ by WeWork Security Manager reports directly to the Security Director, East Region and supports the overall growth and sustained performance goals of this product. The role will primarily focus on development and day-to-day operations of this new Mid-Market stand alone concept while also serving as a subject matter expert for all safety and security services. Responsibilities vary from project management and execution, data analysis, vendor management, coordination and communication to all internal and external stakeholders.
This role will manage day-to-day security operations of multiple HQ by WeWork locations to ensure a positive member experience and develop operating efficiencies. Day-to-day operations include but are not limited to:
- New member on-boarding; working with logistics and new members for all security aspects of the space.
- Security request and escalation management
- Ensure on-time delivery of new projects
- Security Vendor Management
- Communication with members to drive engagement with WeWork Community and services offered
- Manage the regional security ZenDesk (helpdesk) ticketing system
- Define, plan, coordinate, drive and execute security upgrade, retrofit, and member request security projects
- Provide regional safety and security training based on Global Security Team (GST) requirements
- Be available 24/7 for emergency response at selected sites
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, this individual will play a key role in building out the operational framework and launch for this new vertical. This includes:
- Develop/Refine security standard operating procedures
- Further develop security scope and relationship
- Develop service offerings and partnerships that both uniquely benefit members and increase WeWork’s potential revenue
- Enforce budgetary compliance as it relates to service at each location
- Develop best practices for Security Opex reduction strategies related to but not limited to supplies ordering, services provided, move-out process and management
Security Operations Responsibilities
- Project manage key initiatives related to enhancing member experience, creating operating efficiencies and/or incremental revenue streams related to Safety & Security.
- Leverage data to develop security dashboards to analyze the business and identify opportunities to create efficiencies
- Liaise with vendor management team to drive accountability with top vendors
- Aid and assist in identifying opportunities and deficiencies within the security new building opening/handover process
- Assist in execution of special projects and new business verticals that arise
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external resources
- 5+ years of experience managing security operations in a corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of all low voltage technology (CCTV, alarms, access control).
- Experience designing security for new buildings or facilities, to include placement of access control systems, cameras, and VMS systems, conducting risk assessments, and standing up security officers
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (IP addresses, MAC addresses).
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Experience operating in matrixed environments with global reach
- Experience with helpdesk applications and service management software
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with S2 Access Control System
- Experience using Zendesk ticket management system
- Life safety training
The successful applicant will:
- Be a self-starter - WeWork’s Global Security Team (GST) is a dynamic team securing a creative and dynamic culture
- Be a great manager - take care of your people!
- Be a valued GST member and team player - Security is 24/7 and we work together to get it done
- Be innovative and creative by nature
- Be a confident public speaker, with the ability to influence senior executives and stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail
- Be able to multitask across multiple platforms, departments, time zones, and cultures
- Be able to liaise with external safety and security organizations in a professional manner
- Maintain the highest professional standards within the WeWork message and concept
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize under pressure, without specific direction, but maintaining business priorities
- Ability to analyze situations objectively, providing unique and varied perspectives to challenges
- Excellent time management, organization, presentation and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise
- Love details and deliver results on time and with exceptional quality
- Strict sense of confidentiality and business proprietary