We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role:
Uber for Business is on a path to revolutionize the way businesses manage their ground transportation needs.
We need creative, quantitative thinkers with the ability to clearly synthesize and communicate insights from product data to accelerate us down this path.
As a Data Scientist on Uber for Business you will work hand in hand with the Product, Marketing, Design, Sales and Engineering teams to keep product development data driven and informed. Candidates are expected to act with high levels of autonomy to guide their team’s roadmaps and build their data products.
We have the following roles open:
Employee Products Data Scientist
This individual will focus their time on building models to optimize the in-app experience of our business travellers. Key projects are as follows:
- Building a predictive model to identify and differentiate business trips from personal trips
- Building conversion propensity models to nudge the correct users to adopt our Business class products
- Optimize and measure the business traveller experience
Marketing Data Scientist
This individual will focus their time on building models and methods to optimize and measure our acquisition and retention of new customers. Key projects are as follows:
- Media Mix Modeling to optimize our marketing spend
- Attribution of customer acquisitions to our different channels
- Churn/retention modeling for targeting timed interventions
- LTV modeling
Requirements/What you’ll need:
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics or another technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Extensive experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, Python, Julia or similar. Demonstrable familiarity with programming concepts.
- 2+ years experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably product related.
- Highly analytical and able to extract key insights from data then communicate them clearly and effectively to stakeholders.
- Ability to work in high growth, ambiguous environment.
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods.