We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber Engineering is bold, hands-on, and inspired by excellence.We're looking for engineers (2+ years experience) and senior engineers (6+ years experience)with product intuition who can work hard, fast, and smart without sacrificing technical excellence. Our challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10million people alike.
The Data Visualization Team at Uber works with the most advanced data analysis and visualization technologies to deliver intelligence via data products for city teams, data science, engineering, product management and execs across the 400+ cities where Uber operates.
About the Role
What you'll do
- Developing frameworks for UI engineering
What you'll need
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- You need experience collaborating on software projects and the ability to work efficiently as part of a team.
Bonus points if you have
- A github account with some interestingprojects in it
- A codepen (or even shadertoy!) account with exciting demos
- A nice portfolio and/or blog of things you're dabbling with
- Experience visualizing data using either Canvas, D3, SVG, WebGL, Three.js, MapboxGL and/or other technologies.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.