WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than 200,000 members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
About the Role
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our Building Openings team for an eight week internship over the Spring. Interns will assist with setting up all operations and will handle project logistics for new office openings, acting as the liaison between development and extended project teams (IT, AV, Procurement, Operations).
- Evaluate existing processes as they relate to the Building Openings discipline globally. Existing processes to evaluate will include, but are not limited to:
- Due Diligence & Preliminary Building Assessment
- Landlord Meeting
- Master Schedule Management
- Opening Coordination Meeting
- Supply Chain Collaboration
- Construction Management
- Opening Week
- Collaborate closely with all regional teams to better understand their process challenges, and regionalize process/tools as needed
- Present pain points and bottlenecks to the appropriate stakeholders and drive solutions
- Strategize and document modified or new processes
- Communicate regularly with the Building Openings Discipline Lead and the Building Openings Team to provide progress updates and coordinate initiatives
- Currently completing a Bachelor's degree,
- Very computer savvy, proficient in Excel (including basic formulas)
- Able to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks in a compressed time-frame
- Ability to maintain order and efficiency in a stressful environment
- Energetic, well-spoken, impeccable communication skills
- Pluses:Understanding of the construction build-out process; experience on a construction site; ability to read architectural drawings