At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Sr. Customer Support Manager , or Senior Community Operations Manager as it’s known at Uber, to develop and lead support efforts for our Phoenix Center of Excellence (COE). You will be one of a few Senior Customer Support Managers reporting to the Phoenix COE Site Leader.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, delivering against KPI goals, and continuing process improvement with use of data analytics, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What You'll Do
- Lead, motivate, and develop Community Operations Managers within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, guide Community Operations Managers, and develop them into awesome people managers
- Set overall direction of operations functions at the COE, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals and strategic planning
- Integrate the efforts of teams across multiple shifts to deliver world-class customer support and attain service level requirements
- Measure and evaluate COE processes and drive continuous process improvement with eye towards customer satisfaction
- Identify root causes and implement changes to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality of your team's performance
- Design, develop, and lead project teams to improve operations functions
- Be savvy in subject matter for the lines of business which you manage, and act as a key point of contact to internal stakeholders beyond the COE
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a high-volume and highly productive service-industry or customer support environment and minimum 3 years of managing managers
- A demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and manage through challenging situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Performance management of large teams, creating and implementing policy, mentoring and coaching, as well as stakeholder manager and communications about high visibility and time sensitive issues
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- To thrive on change and operate flexibly
- To have a deep bias towards action
Bonus Points if
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous
- SQL proficiency
About the Team
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.