Netflix recently surpassed 100 million global subscribers—here’s Reed Hastings celebrating with a steak at Denny’s–and we’re just getting started! Help Netflix reach our next 100 million subscribers as a Senior Data Scientist on the Content Experience team. You will drive research surrounding Netflix’s original content experiences including connecting audiences to our fast-growing kids product and our innovative interactive storytelling platforms. Ultimately, your job will be to help Netflix introduce new stories to the world.
To learn more about our research and analytics work, you can visit our research page here.
What you'll do
- You will develop experimentation methods and statistical models, define metrics, and analyze experiments to help Netflix improve user experience. For instance, you will run experiments to understand how people’s conversations with their friends and family drives content engagement and enjoyment
- You will partner with Product Managers to influence Netflix’s innovation strategy by studying the way our members are currently using the product and using Netflix’s large-scale data to identify key insights that will motivate product improvements, experiments, and innovation. For example, you will find insights on how kids grow up with Netflix to inform our kids innovation strategy
- You will collaborate with user experience/interface designers, algorithm developers, other scientists, and engineers to solve Netflix’s most challenging and rewarding problems.
Who you are
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged
- You have strong beliefs that are weakly held: you can argue, and hear, all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it
- You work hard, and you have healthy boundaries. You know how to prioritize both your work and personal commitments without guidelines
- You can frame loose business problems, turning them into concrete recommendations
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative or computational field (e.g., statistics, econometrics, psychophysics, math, computer science, engineering, neuroscience, etc.), experience with empirical methods, and 2 or more years of industry experience in quantitative analytics, data science, or another similar role
- You are passionate about experimentation, hypothesis testing, and causal inference (quasi-experimentation methods a strong plus!)
- You have expertise applying linear models, probability theory, and sampling methods to solve business problems; you are familiar with a diverse set of machine learning models and approaches
- You are feel at home using R and/or Python, relational databases/SQL, and large-scale data technologies like Spark, Presto, and Redshift
Who we are
Our culture is unique, and we live by our values. You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile of environments. Requirements will be vague, and iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks. Learn more about Netflix’s culture.