At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber’s Cloud team is seeking experienced software engineers to help build the future of urban transportation on public cloud infrastructure. Sound interesting? Read on.
We are building up a new team in Palo focused around leveraging GCP as an infrastructure and platform provider. Our job is to build a next generation, flexible capacity platform to propel Uber into the next 10x-100x growth levels.
The Cloud team is building systems for consumption by all the other infrastructure and engineering teams at Uber. We’re setting best practices and helping other teams architect better solutions, and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. You’ll get to experiment with a range of cutting edge technologies that will define our next generation infrastructure platform and increase the productivity of all engineers at Uber.
Here are the kinds of things we're looking for:
- Excellent Java/Go development and OO design skills.
- Prior experience working with GCP and/or AWS at scale, preferably compute-related services
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience or strong interest in building distributed systems with scalability and reliability in mind. If your architecture can’t scale to 100x at 99.99% availability, it won’t work for Uber.
- Product and customer-centric mindset. The platform we are building is going to be leveraged by hundreds of Uber engineers across many teams.
- Experience or interest in building clean, public facing REST/Thrift APIs
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.