At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role:
Uber Freight is seeking an experienced Product Leader to join the Operations Experience Team.
Endless telephone calls, haggling with drivers, and little software to manage the chaos - this is the everyday experience for operations specialists working in legacy freight brokers everywhere. Uber Freight's mission is to change everything about a logistics industry stuck in the past, and with your help, start enabling operational efficiency at a scale few ever dreamed possible.
Historically it's taken thousands of human specialists to run a freight brokerage of any meaningful scale - but no longer! Beyond enabling best in class products for truck drivers and shipping customers, the Operations Experience team at Uber Freight is revolutionizing what it takes to run & operate a modern freight company. From automated matching of carriers and loads to intelligent dashboards that dynamically forecast + prioritize where scare time should be spent, we're going back to first principles and re-imagining how logistics in the 21st century should operate - pushing the envelope around automation, efficiency and what the future of the freight industry will look like.
As a Product Manager on the Operations Experience team you'll help analyze, understand and reinvent how business gets done at one of the world’s leading technology-driven freight brokers. Negotiating the balance between humans and machines, you will serve as an architect for internal technology platforms, pioneer innovative organizational designs and dream up transformational products + interfaces to make Uber's freight operations +100x more efficient than any brokerage in history. You will help lead a dedicated team of engineers, designers and data scientists while developing deep insights around how the freight industry functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Defining and communicating product plan from conception to launch.
- Analyzing the results of a launch and creating the plan to iterate and build new features.
- Prioritizing features based on business impact and available resources.
- Proactively filling communication gaps amongst all team members.
- Hiring and managing a top performing PM team.
- Contributing to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions.
- Drive product research priorities for the research team.
- Make magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through intense focus on simplification and shipping minimal viable products.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in product management
- 1+ years of management experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in either computer science/engineering or a quantitative domain (math/stats/physics) with engineering work experience)
- Track record of successfully launching software products from 0 to 1 on a large scale
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.
- Passionate curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development and industry knowledge
- A bold and optimistic personality: We’re coming to work everyday challenging the status quo, and we’re looking for people comfortable asking bold, quirky questions, along with the mental resilience to know we’re just at the start of a long journey.
About the Team:
Uber Freight connect shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.