Netflix is the world’s leading internet television service, with more than 125 million members watching over 140 million hours of content every single day. On the internet, those hours translate to tens of terabits per second flowing out of Open Connect, our distributed global content delivery network (CDN) serving 100% of Netflix video, over one-third of downstream internet traffic at primetime in North America.
Our Science and Analytics team is responsible for building models and algorithms to power this system. Our work intersects user behavior, streaming technology, optimization and network science. Our goal is constantly improving the quality of the Netflix streaming video experience for our members.
You’re passionate about
- Creatively framing complex business problems as statistical and mathematical models
- Communicating technical topics to broad audiences
- Balancing complexity with practicality
- Fully owning projects and partnerships
- Learning new domains and statistical techniques
How you’ll help
- Model, predict and analyze the performance of our content delivery network
- Partner closely and multi-functionally with software engineering teams, data engineers and analysts to drive high-impact results
- Example projects: predicting demand for new types of content (mobile-optimized, 4K), improving content pre-positioning algorithms by predicting local demand for video streams and optimizing caching algorithms for efficient use of hardware
Netflix's culture is a big part of what makes us successful. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.