We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Design Research team’s mission is to inform and influence product decisions with exceptional insights about people, technology and services in our current and future world. At Uber, we spend our days bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences, and adding value to people’s everyday lives by creating transportation options and economic opportunities. If you’re a researcher unafraid to push the limits and looking to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment, we’d love to talk with you.
We’re hiring researchers with varying levels of experience to help create memorable experiences for our riders and partners, and level up products used by our city teams to keep Uber moving globally. You will help grow our talented research team within the US and beyond. Today, our researchers are based in 8 different cities that represent 6 countries, and they support products used in over 400 cities in which Uber operates.
Learn more about the Design Team and the work being done here https://www.uber.design
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as car rides, food delivery, and couriers
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders, driver-partners, couriers, and employees in cities all around the world and always champion for our users
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in a product development research setting
- Ability to travel within the United States and abroad
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
- Familiarity with a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
- Previous experience conducting research in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, SEA, and working on products with global impact
- Ability to fluently communicate in languages other than English
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and managing external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors