We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We’re looking for Motion Planning Engineers who enjoy having their software make critical decisions rather than just “process” or “display” data. We need people unafraid of crafting motion planning systems to make great decisions, every time, in all conditions.
What You'll Do
- Using real-world data gathered from over 1 million miles of autonomously driven roads, you will apply your knowledge of motion planning to help shape the behaviors of our self-driving uber.
- How do I execute a lane change? How do I safely pickup and drop off a customer? How do I behave when merging with other traffic? If this gets you pumped, then come help us change the world!
What You'll Need
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably python)
- Proven ability to produce computationally efficient software that can meet real-time requirements
- Experience in machine learning
About the Team
Motion planning is the brain of an autonomous driving system. It handles the core reasoning for driving behaviors and, as you can imagine, is one of our core challenges. The team generates safe, comfortable and efficient plans for vehicle motion at Uber ATG.