At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We’re looking for Engineers who are interested in creating decision making software for autonomous vehicles.
Come join our growing team and help us build dynamic, high-fidelity, control and decision making algorithms for our self-driving cars and trucks. Motion planning background is not required - we are also interested in people passionate about the craft of code, problem solving for physical systems, and analytical thinking.
What You'll Do
- Using real-world data gathered from over 3 million miles of autonomously driven roads, you will apply your knowledge of motion planning to help shape the behaviors of our self-driving uber.
- How do I execute a lane change? How do I safely pickup and drop off a customer? How do I behave when merging with other traffic?
What You'll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related discipline
- Excellent C++ skills in a Linux or other Unix environment
- Proven ability to think analytically
- Experience with one or more of the following: motion planning, controls, perception, prediction, mapping, localization, performance evaluation for robotic systems
- Experience with programming for physical systems.
- Background involving optimization, physics, and/or computational simulation.
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably python)
About the Team
Motion planning is the brain of an autonomous driving system. It handles the reasoning for driving behaviors and is one of our core challenges for making a self driving system a reality. The team generates safe, comfortable and efficient plans for vehicle motion at Uber ATG.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.