At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The HRBP for the Rideshare organization is a key role on the US Rides leadership team. You will have responsibility for enabling the talent strategy and execution of HR programs. This is an established team that is the core of Uber's global business strategy, and provides a huge opportunity to make an impact through organization efficiency and leadership development. You will partner with the cities and central operations leaders to identify and execute key initiatives to drive the Rideshare business in the US.
You will be responsible for orchestrating across the HQ based People teams to ensure that all HR processes and programs are seamlessly executed to the highest of standards and delivered with the appropriate business lens. You'll be well-versed in all things HR at Uber and work closely with their business leaders to understand the business and talent needs and ensure the central People & Places teams are designing and executing accordingly. You are hands on - not afraid to roll up your sleeve and get projects done - and approach your work with a people focus and a data-driven, analytical mindset. This role requires a strategic understanding of the business, while ensuring HR is executed with excellence today you'll have an eye on the future, thinking about the business needs of tomorrow and developing the talent required. This role requires you to act as a consultant to management on business issues, and a coach to leaders and managers, ultimately equipping them be better at managing their people. Most importantly, you are the steward of our cultural norms and are well connected to our people, providing a pulse on the overall health of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Ensure seamless execution of all HR programs and processes for the US based Rides teams.
- Craft the appropriate strategies and ensure execution for key talent processes - talent assessments, succession planning, leadership development and other key interventions
- Collaborate closely with the central HR function teams to ensure solutions that meet business problems - with a focus on People Development.
- Understanding how HR processes work at Uber and what the strategy, approach and philosophy of HR is here.
- Educating and coaching our business leaders and communicating to employees with empathy.
- Use creative thinking and innovative ideas to develop programs that will improve the effectiveness of the Rides organization.
- Be as a steward of our cultural values and championing diversity and inclusion.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant HR and BP roles, ideally with a fast paced global org with a large HQ based People function.
- An affinity with technology and ideally experiences in a technology business.
- Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and people development
- Strong training and development capabilities or prior experience in working in functions like people development or workforce analytics.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters within the US.
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives including change management.
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel frequently, including short-term assignments based upon business requirement
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
About the Team
Our HR Business Partners work with our client groups to align people strategies with business goals and help drive the greatest business impact through people. We drive seamless execution of HR processes and programs, prepare the talent of today for the business needs of tomorrow, and champion our culture.
HRBPs strive to find the most optimal, fair, and Uber solutions and opportunities to enable employees (and their teams) to grow and develop into amazing employees and managers. HRBPs are ultimately partners to the business, so we consult and help to guide you to a recommended solution