At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Uber's success and we need your help building out our design teams. As a Design Recruiter, you will partner with our Design teams to understand business needs, assess talent, approach with a consultative mindset, and create a delightful experience for all involved.
You're comfortable taking initiative to seize opportunities, and have a roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach. This role is all about bringing out the best in people, influencing for best outcomes, and putting a process in place to hire efficiently and painlessly.
Who You Are
- Self-driven. You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You excel at prioritizing multiple business priorities and hiring teams.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- You're passionate about delivering an excellent candidate experience, and that starts with the first conversation a candidate has with you.
- You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone, and eloquent in emails. You're respectful of the candidate and understand the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, bold, and excited to help create something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team; you are determined to take on the difficult issues.
- A team player. You look at this process from a team lens, being inclusive and winning together. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
What You’ll Do
- You'll be tasked with supporting our hiring managers, building great teams and offer incredible hiring experiences.
- Partner with sourcers and show up as a unified team to your Hiring teams.
- Manage hiring manager expectations, strategically create robust pipelines of talent and develop processes around interviewing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional pillars to understand their initiatives, projects, hiring needs and goals.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and why people should work here.
- Know your metrics and understand the path to getting to individual and team hiring goals.
- Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for.
- Drive offer process - including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters.
- Spread the UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
What You'll Need
- Experience recruiting for Design, Creative or Product management organizations
- Both in-house and agency experience is preferred, but not required (with available metrics to back up how great you are).
- Degreed or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Savvy.
About the Team
We are a highly collaborative team of passionate human connectors, movers and shakers. We strive to create unforgettable candidate experiences.