Travel Required: No | People Manager: No
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Data Architect who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for technology stack evolvement and improvement of data lifecycle effectiveness and efficiency over time. You'll support the needs of teams across Hulu while being an expert on data architecture and operations to deliver, maintain, and administer data depots that help us better understand our users and business. You'll turn data into a craft and a discipline that returns increasing value to our business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and develop architecture for data services ecosystem spanning Relational, Columnar, NoSQL, In-Memory and Big Data technologies that support application development, BI, and analytic solutions.
- Develop data models, maintain responsibility for data acquisition, access, analysis, and design, and implement design strategies for load, archive, recovery, and implementation.
- Responsible for data profiling, data governance, data specification, data flow mappings, and business logic documentation associated with new or modified product data capture requirements.
- Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing reporting strategies for transactional and warehouse structures and support business requests for reports, data, and data usage and research data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Promote and develop data architecture best practices, guidelines, procedures and repeatable and scalable frameworks.
- Provide guidance and mentor the technical and business teams by providing solutions, recommendations and documentation of use cases for continuous improvement.
WHAT TO BRING
- BA/BS degree in technical discipline; MS preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in software application development and support
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system, storage solutions, networking, security and web servers
- Proficient with Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. HDFS, HBase, Hive, YARN, Spark, Kafka.
- Expert level skill in modelling, managing, scaling and performance tuning of high volume OLTP, OLAP and data warehouse environments.
- Advanced knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
- Experienced at how to make data tell a story with graphs or other forms of visualizations
- Strong organizational, administrative, presentation and analytical skills
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance