Netflix provides an amazing personalized entertainment experience to over 125 million global subscribers across an incredibly wide array of devices. Contributing to this success is a number of highly available, scalable, and generalized infrastructures that are key to everything from catalog navigation to streaming, search, recommendations, and much more.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to help tackle the exciting and expanding technical opportunities ahead. You'll be joining a great team that owns multiple widely used core platform technologies,? including ?Publish-Subscribe messaging, Data-as-a-Service framework, unified logging, and more, plus our very own open source contribution.
?The drive toward hundreds of millions of customers ?will require your expertise and passion in continual scaling of our systems, ?tapping into promising open source technologies?, and designing new systems? to address the varied data infrastructure needs throughout Netflix.
Want to be part of a revolutionary company that drives cloud and open source technologies?Eager to work with bright engineers who love to solve hard problems at massive scale?Passionate about building distributed systems and want the opportunity to do it right?
This is the environment at Netflix! We offer an incredible culture that values freedom and responsibility above all else and are eager for talented engineers with great judgement and drive to join us.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Design and implement critical high performance, large scale services and libraries
- Participate in the design and implementation of next generation systems
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Evangelize best practices in library usage and end-to-end architecture
- Lead cross-functional initiatives working with bright engineers across organizations
- Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams
Minimum Job Qualifications
- At least 6 years of relevant development experience
- Excellent Java and object-oriented development skills
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Past experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings a plus