About the Role
- Community Leads are integral to the member experience, sales performance and operational excellence of our WeWork locations.
- Each Community Lead has a specialism majoring in either Sales, Hospitality or Operations, minoring in the other two disciplines.
- Alongside other Community Leads and Community Associates, you will support the Community Manager of the location to enable our members to create their life’s work.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Sales, while minoring in Hospitality and Operations. You will be measured on your ability to achieve and maintain 100% occupancy in line with weekly and monthly sales targets, supported by Sales Leads overseeing a Portfolio of WeWork locations.
- Our WeLearn learning platform will continually equip you with the skills and training to carry out your responsibilities.
- Tour and sell space to new members by articulating WeWork’s value proposition and mission
- Identify the needs of prospective and existing members and recommend tailored solutions responsive to their needs
- Research prospective members in your tour pipeline and develop tailored sales pitches to meet their needs, ensuring all follow-up and closing requirements are addressed
- Refer prospective or existing members to other locations based on their specific needs in order to meet shared Portfolio and Territory sales targets
- Develop and implement lead generation and sales conversion strategies to maintain 100% occupancy in collaboration with the Community Manager
- Connect with local organizations and attend networking events to promote WeWork’s community and identify potential members
- Train Community Associates and other Community Leads at your location to give effective tours and sales pitches for those occasions when you are unavailable to tour
- Prepare daily and weekly overviews of prospective members for rest of Community Team; share this information during Daily Stand Up and daily sales calls
- Support the resolution of Zendesk tickets and maintenance projects to ensure the highest level of member experience
- Support the quality control walkthroughs to address immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues and identify areas for improvement when required
- Support the the daily ordering and receipt of product from vendors when required
- Support the preparation of building expense reports and budgets for Community Management review when required
- Support the preparation of move-in and move-out schedules to minimize member issues
- Support the Community Manager in making strategic decisions regarding the operational and financial performance of the location
- Support the development and management of team members, including Community Associates and Community Service Associates
- Develop relationships with members and proactively gather information on their needs to identify both WeWork and member services that could help them achieve their goals
- Identify and execute opportunities to connect members with each other
- Support the planning and supervision of educational, professional and personal development events based on members’ needs and requests
- Support the education of members on WeWork policies and procedures and encourage usage of wework.com and the member network app to address their needs
- Recommend best practices to your Community Manager for the benefit of the broader company related to member experience, sales, hospitality, operations, events and training
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years sales experience (ideally in addition to prior events and/or operations experience hospitality or retail with customer service focus)
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Financial literacy and business operations experience a plus
- Experience managing individual contributors a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!