The Ads Personalization Platform team builds digital advertising systems and tools which automatically assemble and execute global campaigns that are heavily personalized in spite of their scale. We uniquely leverage our rich first-party data, personalization algorithms and strength in cloud infrastructure to deliver customized dynamic ads. Our marketing team uses these capabilities to promote the Netflix brand around the world and help to drive incremental acquisitions.
Our ad systems continually power billions of ad impressions in more than 150 countries automatically localized in 25 languages. We’re continually expanding the list of supported ad platforms and also adding more capabilities that help scale our efforts. This helps us promote an ever increasing library of amazing Netflix Original Shows, Documentaries and Films and still help non-members learn about the exact content that’s perfect for them.
We work on fully automating all aspects that go into an advert’s life cycle from their generation to delivery at scale so that an extremely large number of creative variations can be constructed and served to the viewer in a personalized fashion with minimal human intervention.
• Our ad server serves the perfect ad creative for each person we reach with a high degree of personalization using marketing specific machine learning models which predict the right content for the individuals we reach.
• An ad building system helps production agencies build creatives efficiently and run automated tests on them.
• An ad assembly system that finds assets for existing and new content and a tool that localizes and assembles ads for all content and localizations and express large permutations very efficiently. This helps us efficiently configure ad campaigns that run themselves.
In addition, we are also building solutions that would handle hands-off QA and utilize content tags and metadata, computer vision and a combination of other signals to identify ads that are broken or unsafe in any context.
We are looking for a strong generalist backend engineer with a passion for building scalable, high-performance, distributed, concurrent web services.
Required Skills / Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years experience in server side development.
- Expertise in building concurrent applications with JVM based languages such as Java, Scala, Groovy, Clojure.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores, message queues and other tools that help in building distributed systems.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, well-tested object oriented code and a familiarity with functional programming.
Nice to have
- Experience with scripting languages such as shell scripting, Python, Groovy etc.
- Familiarity with big data solutions such as Hive / Pig/ Presto etc.
- Familiarity in developing applications and micro-services using cloud computing platforms such Amazon EC2 or Google Compute Engine.
- Knowledge of the digital advertising space and experience in ad tech systems such as ad servers, real time bidding platforms etc.
Netflix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics