Community Lead - Sales
About the Role
Community Leads are integral to the member experience, sales performance and operational excellence of our WeWork locations.
- Each Community Lead has a specialism majoring in either Sales, Hospitality or Operations, minoring in the other two disciplines.
- Alongside other Community Leads and Community Associates, you will support the Community Manager of the location to enable our members to create their life’s work.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Sales, while minoring in Hospitality and Operations. You will be measured on your ability to achieve and maintain 100% occupancy in line with weekly and monthly sales targets, supported by Sales Leads overseeing a Portfolio of WeWork locations.
- Our Growth Through Achievement learning platform will continually equip you with the skills and training to carry out your responsibilities.
- Tour and sell space to new members by articulating WeWork’s value proposition and mission
- Identify the needs of prospective and existing members and recommend tailored solutions responsive to their needs
- Research prospective members in your tour pipeline and develop tailored sales pitches to meet their needs, ensuring all follow-up and closing requirements are addressed
- Refer prospective or existing members to other locations based on their specific needs in order to meet shared Portfolio and Territory sales targets
- Develop and implement lead generation and sales conversion strategies to maintain 100% occupancy in collaboration with the Community Manager
- Connect with local organizations and attend networking events to promote WeWork’s community and identify potential members
- Train Community Associates and other Community Leads at your location to give effective tours and sales pitches for those occasions when you are unavailable to tour
- Prepare daily and weekly overviews of prospective members for rest of Community Team; share this information during Daily Stand Up and daily sales calls
- Support the resolution of Zendesk tickets and maintenance projects to ensure the highest level of member experience
- Support the quality control walkthroughs to address immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues and identify areas for improvement when required
- Support the the daily ordering and receipt of product from vendors when required
- Support the preparation of building expense reports and budgets for Community Management review when required
- Support the preparation of move-in and move-out schedules to minimize member issues
- Support the Community Manager in making strategic decisions regarding the operational and financial performance of the location
- Support the development and management of team members, including Community Associates and Community Service Associates
- Develop relationships with members and proactively gather information on their needs to identify both WeWork and member services that could help them achieve their goals
- Identify and execute opportunities to connect members with each other
- Support the planning and supervision of educational, professional and personal development events based on members’ needs and requests
- Support the education of members on WeWork policies and procedures and encourage usage of wework.com and the member network app to address their needs
- Recommend best practices to your Community Manager for the benefit of the broader company related to member experience, sales, hospitality, operations, events and training
- Prepare Incident reports for member complaints, accidents, thefts, property damage, trespass, contact with law enforcement and any other notable occurrences.
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years sales experience (ideally in addition to prior events and/or operations experience hospitality or retail with customer service focus)
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Financial literacy and business operations experience a plus
- Experience managing individual contributors a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than two hundred thousand members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, small businesses and enterprises; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.