WeWork is looking for a Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets to join our extraordinary team. This position will report into our Accounting Manager, Fixed Assets. You will be an integral part of the Fixed Assets and Project Accounting team and will support the daily operations and ongoing initiatives of the group. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, self-sufficient, and experienced in finance, specifically in fixed asset accounting.
- Play a major role in capitalization procedures, month end close, journal entry preparation, accruals and reconciliations, as well as ad hoc requests, including tracking spending on construction projects and fixed asset purchase capitalization.
- Collaborate in construction project set up process
- Review of procure-to-pay process for fixed asset spend, evaluating ledger accounting
- Ad hoc reporting for Accounting, Tax, and internal Finance organizations, on a regional and global scale
- Continually develop, expand and improve financial reporting procedures for Fixed Asset purchases, capitalization and expense.
- Assist the SOX team to develop and maintain internal control procedures and documentation
- Support the interim and year-end US financial statement audits as well as ongoing global statutory filings and audits
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Fixed Asset Roll Forward, Depreciation expense schedules, as well as other reconciliation and analysis
- Coordinate projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting, treasury, tax, procurement, and construction teams
- BA/BS degree; major in Finance or Accounting
- 2 to 4 years of progressive work experience in an accounting environment
- You are detail-oriented and self-sufficient
- You are ability to work in a dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines
- You exhibit excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Workday etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Fixed Asset accounting experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.