At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Uber Technology Services Team is seeking a talented and energetic Business Systems Architect with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a track record of results. The Business Systems Architect will manage the implementation and maintenance of our Autonomous Vehicle ERP and PLM systems for the Advanced Technologies Group at Uber. The Sr. BSA will play an important part in shaping the future of our systems and business processes.
You will work alongside Uber’s ATG engineering, procurement and compliance and play a pivotal role in enabling and empowering end-users to maximize the functionality of Uber’s ERP/PLM Platform and other related tools to support the business. The ideal candidate will have a very strong passion for data and detail along with a natural talent for customer service. You are a people-person and a technologist with an insatiable thirst for learning.
What You’ll Do
- Build strong partnerships and relationships with engineering, procurement and compliance
- Serve as the functional lead that is accountable for overall Business Systems solutions related to the selection, implementation and maintenance of Uber’s ATG ERP/PLM systems
- Facilitate and support the development of ERP/PLM Tool to support Uber’s global operations
- Develop and apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business
- Identify and analyze improvements to the business, opportunities for stakeholder productivity, cost efficiency and revenue growth that align with Uber’s strategic and operational goals
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders across the business to develop and prioritize objectives and solutions
- Partner with cross functional teams to produce business requirements
- Identify solutions using standard business analysis techniques such as business process and information flow modeling, use case definition, and workflow analysis
- Own end-to-end process management
- Create and maintain documentation on business cases, business requirements, process and workflows
- Research and coordinate vendor evaluations
- Keep up to date on all newest technologies, business systems, business analysis methodologies, and any other related tools that may benefit the business
- Project manage large initiatives across city teams whether it be new process, training, system implementations or anything related to ERP/PLM system upkeep..
- Anticipated Travel: 20%
What You’ll Need
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years experience as a BSA in IT
- 5+ years experience with ERP/PLM
- Project management experience especially in large scale projects
- Experience in researching and documenting possible solutions to business needs and ability to clearly explain trade-offs and potential return on investment for different options
- Demonstrated problem solving aptitude, including working with others to quickly reach sustainable, scalable resolutions
- You have an unstoppable intellectual curiosity, always asking: How? Why not?
- Wherever you go, your previous colleagues and customers try to hire you
- Plays well with others - you’ll be collaborating directly with several key stakeholders and many different teams.
- Ability to not only gather requirements but also help come up with possible solutions
Bonus Points If
- 5+ years of experience with a ERP and/or PLM System, such as iQMS and/or TeamCenter
- Understanding manufacturing process flows
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Direct experience working in a business operations team
- Passion for data integrity, always finding ways to improve data quality and insights
- Impeccable customer service, strong ability to work with cross functional teams at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced collaborative environment
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong references from former employers and business partners
- Thrive in an ever changing and fast paced environment