At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the team
The Driver team is focused on accelerating driver growth, engagement, and retention across 300+ cities worldwide. Data Scientists on Driver play a central role in guiding product development and strategy through the discovery of insights from data. In this position, you will offer a data-driven perspective and work closely with product, engineering, and marketing. Our team's autonomy gives us the flexibility to focus on the highest-impact projects in this adaptive and challenging role as we bring increasing numbers of riders and drivers onto the Uber platform.
What you could be doing
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to catalyze product development
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Build cutting-edge machine learning models to make our product intelligent (NLP, OCR, neural network, etc)
- Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trends
- Create models to enhance understanding of user behavior and predict future performance of cohorts
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
What you'll need
- At least 1 year experience in quantitative analysis (preferably in an engineering or product facing role)
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Math or other technical field. Graduate degrees preferred
- Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
- A product mindset - you ask and address the most important analytical questions with a view on enhancing product impact
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Superb communication and organizational skills