We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Do you specialize in computer vision, sensor processing or perception systems development? Uber needs you to join our team, building the most advanced automotive technologies that we can dream up. We're tackling high precision mapping, automotive safety devices, and autonomy. Despite being a new division within the company, our team is made up of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience. This is your chance to develop ground breaking technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, test, and maintain perception software that runs on self-driving Uber vehicles
- Analyze large datasets and work with raw sensor data
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams at Uber and communicate your work to colleagues and management
- Computer vision & software development
- Work with lidar sensor firmware and low level signal processing
- Perform Multi-Object Tracking & Multi-Sensor Fusion
- Sensor calibration & Perception algorithms (all types and flavors)
What You'll Need
- A PhD, MS, or BS in a robotics related discipline
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, or Python
- Good presentation and communication skills
Bonus Points If
- Prior work in automotive applications
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
We are a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists working to develop perception algorithms for self-driving vehicles. Reliability and scalability are key drivers for us as our software must perform across a large fleet of vehicles in large and diverse operating areas.