We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Product Designer on the Uber Eats team, you’ll take on tough interaction and service design challenges, and you’ll work on big new ideas that will transform how people eat. You’ll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, product managers and some of the world’s best designers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. You’ll make magic by crafting and shipping delicious and delightful experiences for people around the world.
About Uber Eats Design
The Uber Eats design team works across all three sides of the Eats marketplace (restaurants, couriers, and eaters) to realize our mission of eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. We combine thoughtful design with cutting edge machine learning to help people find food they’ll love. We embrace the challenge of solving complex logistical problems to create simple, beautiful delivery experiences. We work hand in glove with our restaurant partners, helping them achieve operational and culinary excellence. We reach eaters around the globe, expanding their idea of what food delivery can be, and we’re just getting started.
What you’ll do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers across 6 continents. There will be ample opportunities for domestic and international travel for research and inspiration
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Eats experience
What you’ll need
- Experience as a product designer: at least 2 years but potentially much more—we are hiring at all levels including senior- and staff-level design leaders
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)