At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Cities team will take the lead on shaping our strategy across different markets and will be accountable for the end experience and overall growth of the business. This will require a motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter with a passion for food and problem solving.
This person will have an eye for the macro view of our markets - you’ll know how far it's profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, the next part of the city we should be expanding into to maximize growth, and best strategies for competitive positioning. You’ll help choose the right strategic projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
In the new US/CAN Eats structure, the Cities Teams are responsible for strategy development, decision making, planning, and innovation in their city group. The Cities Teams will work closely with the Regional Ops Team, who will focus on thought partnership, insights, and implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Build a cohesive strategy for a set of markets to improve the experience and optimize for growth
- Make investment recommendations and drive product improvements needed for the success of local experiences
- Based on the strategy you’ll help to choose and drive strategic initiatives the team should prioritize, set a timeline to reach goals quickly, and see them through to completion
- Proactively search and advocate for new product features which could improve the customer experience
- Be an expert in local nuances in your market/set of markets
- Understand regulatory requirements
- Understand supply/demand/resto dynamics and trends
- Understand local idiosyncrasies that help to boost growth i.e. NYC bicycle supply being in certain boroughs of the city
- Drive strategic planning across the org taking into account competitive position, rides coverage, marketplace conditions, and strategic partner requirements
- Lead incubation of key experiments to help determine proof of concept and figure out if we should move forward with additional product/eng support
- Sample project:
- Based on data, user insights and strategy in place you find there is a major gap on the product side - you’ll build out a detailed product request backed by persuasive data and see the product request through the bi-annual planning process
What You’ll Need
- At least 3 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience
- Highly analytical mindset and proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of SQL or ability to quickly gain expertise in SQL
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking
- Ability to think strategically and take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to navigate and drive execution through complex stakeholder landscapes
- Great collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams while holding them accountable for business results