We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're seeking an excellent design leader to manage and help designers and researchers on our product team realize Uber's global vision, and together, become the best design team in the industry.
Learn more about the Design Team and the work being done here https://www.uber.design
What you'll need
- You're still an amazing designer. Your portfolio is so inspiring that we'd consider you for a staff level position, but your interests lie more in helping others become amazing designers.
- You know how to set the bar high. Uber ships fast. You know what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity.
- You teach the soft and hard skills. You help designers become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies at envisioning what could be.
- You hire excellent people. You're able to create the systems for you (and others) to effectively evaluate and hire designers and researchers who can take Uber to new levels of excellence.
- You increase the effectiveness of the entire team. You improve the entire design and product teams, not just your direct reports. As a leader and example-setter you should be more effective when you're not even in the room. Your processes will be celebrated, emulated and copied by teams throughout the organization.