Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented to our 135 million members around the globe.
The Science & Analytics team at Netflix is tasked with strengthening and optimizing all parts of the Netflix business through data science and analytics. Our work spans analytic reporting, experimentation, causal inference, predictive modeling, research and development on new models and algorithms, and operations research.
In 2019, Science and Analytics will be hosting a small number of summer interns, growing upon our positive experiences from previous summers. We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. student in a STEM field engaged in ongoing research at an accredited university and eligible to work in the USA.
- Prior applied experience with statistics or machine learning.
- Experienced coder in at least one language, e.g. R, python, java, scala, C++.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Netflix.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
- (Preferred) Experience with version control, e.g. git.
- (Preferred) Experience with distributed computing, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, or Pig.
In your application, please include:
- Resume or CV with complete contact information (email, phone, mailing address) and a list of applicable coursework and publications (if applicable).
- A list of specific technical capabilities, including comfort level with programming languages and specific statistics and ML techniques.
- A short (max one page) statement describing your research experiences and interest, and (optionally) their relevance to Netflix Research. For inspiration, have a look at the Netflix research site.
- Contact information (email address, phone number, website) for two references, one of whom is your academic advisor.
- Location preference (Los Gatos and/or Los Angeles).
Learn more about our work at the Netflix research site. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our Culture.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interviews will begin in January 2019.