At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
UberX revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there.
The New Mobility (“NeMo”) organization is responsible for identifying, testing, and scaling Uber’s next generation of business lines, including electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, and far beyond.
NeMo Strategy & Planning is a nimble and highly impactful team, responsible for shaping business strategy, owning business intelligence, driving strategic accountability, and partnering with all functions to provide critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks. The team directly supports the VP of New Mobility; works cross functionally across Product, Operations, Engineering, Marketing Finance, and beyond; and is a thought leader and advocate for NeMo, interacting directly with the C-suite and senior leaders at the Company.
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial, data-driven strategic thinkers to join the New Mobility Strategy & Planning team as the lead for Competitive Intelligence and Strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Own Competitive Intelligence: Develop a deep quantitative and qualitative understanding of the competitive landscape across bikes, scooters, and beyond that can power critical strategic decisions.
- Set Our Strategy: Work closely with and advise business leaders across the company to deeply assess how we can create and enhance differentiation relative to competition, to drive category position growth.
- Find Facts and Uncover Insights: Leverage our rich dataset to help improve our collective understanding of what our customers love and hate about Uber. Uncover opportunities for efficiency and growth from algorithmic tweaks to tectonic shifts in strategy.
- See The Future: relentlessly identify new ideas and businesses, develop hypothesis that push the business forward and plans to test them, and use data to rigorously prioritize how we deploy our resources.
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Marketing, Public Affairs, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years experience of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- A passion for building, developing, and managing high performing teams
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery. You persevere when others give up
- Strategic vision and creativity that is unbridled by the world around you. You constantly challenge the status quo and push to find what’s next.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Deep analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.