Netflix is rapidly becoming the world’s largest studio. We are looking for talented engineers that will help us to become the world's most technologically advanced studio as well.
Our service brings families and communities together through great storytelling and amazing experiences. Our engineers help to bring those stories to life for over 100 million subscribers worldwide. If you are motivated by making an IMPACT in mission-critical systems, we would love to talk with you.
The Studio Engineering team is responsible for systems that take an idea from an introductory pitch to streaming to millions of subscribers worldwide. Our company goal is to win those moments of truth when an individual or family is choosing between watching Netflix, playing on their game console, or watching old-fashioned satellite or cable. Our team contributes to this effort by building beautiful, intuitive, and high performance tools that provide added leverage for multiple teams at Netflix.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are ruthlessly pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- Are extremely clear, concise, and effective in both written and verbal communications
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with lots of context and minimal guidance
- Enjoy collaborating with business partners and engineers across the company to understand and solve problems
- Love having an impact and improving the organization as a whole
- Build and maintain software products and plan the best solution, keeping both the backend and UI in mind
- Take full ownership of a product from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Architect and build server side platforms using JVM-based languages
- Operate the software you build in a DevOps model
- Senior level developer comfortable with architecting enterprise-level systems
- Deep understanding of good software design patterns mixed with a healthy passion for refactoring and keeping things simple
- An understanding of concepts like threading and event-driven asynchronous I/O
- Proficiency in backend technologies including Spring and Hibernate
- Expertise in multiple object oriented programming in languages
- Experience writing cloud deployed applications using AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with Netflix OSS technologies is a plus