At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber Design Research is seeking an experienced manager to lead a group of researchers focused on our applications and services.
Beneath our apps is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
We're also here for personal reasons. We want to turn cities from grey to green. We aim to replace parking with parks.
If you're a great manager, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and unafraid to push the limits, we'd love to talk with you.
Learn more about the Design Team and the work being done here https://www.uber.design
What you'll do
- Lead a team of researchers to explore opportunities, generate product and service ideas, evaluate designs-in-progress, and conduct causal research to explain the behavior found in our massive data stores
- Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods
- Guide team members to help them work effectively with product teams
- Be a thought partner to help team members invent and pioneer research methods
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing leaders
- Focus on business goals to enhance the impact of your team's efforts
What you'll need
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience
- Deep understanding of research methods, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively--verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel occasionally in the United States and abroad