At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber Eats is a fast growing and large business within Uber. Define Uber's future by building it with us!
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a skilled and growing team of engineers responsible for the next generation of reliability and scalability of Restaurants on Uber Eats. You are deeply technically skilled in all areas of backend or mobile engineering and have great communication skills, a focused and empathetic approach to leadership, and a bold and action-biased attitude toward hard engineering problems.
What you'll need
- Five years experience developing software as an engineer.
- Two years experience managing engineering teams
- Significant experience building and operating critical high-scale systems.
- Great management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results.
- Expertise and interest in growing teams: interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Good software engineering methodology: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Exceptional technical skills in backend or mobile engineering: Uber managers can lead from the front when the situation calls for it.