We are seeking an experienced Post Production Manager to help manage both internal and third party co-production unscripted series from a post perspective, establish and curate vendor & editorial crew relations, review budgets and support/suggest best practices for post from the moment content is collected through delivery. This position will report into Physical Production in Los Angeles. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production on our global original films, series, documentaries, comedy specials, and unscripted series.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technical Set Up of Show
- Work with Studio Technologies, Content Ops and external production & post team on defining key post workflows such as camera capture, master delivery, final archive - high emphasis in 4K
- Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing access for shows
- Manage communication of cut schedule
- Work with Post Supervisors to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
- Review creative and define post budget and strategy
- Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
- Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
- Deal with the Bond company on delivery dates & budget concerns when applicable
- Create/inform and draft post schedule
- Collaborate with internal teams (including Content Ops) & external production team to lock and manage schedule
- Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
Staffing & Vendors
- Review & approve facilities for graphics, VFX, animation, color, and sound
- Search and approve and key post hires (post producer, post supervisor, editors, assistant editors)
- Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
- Help maintain/curate preferred vendor listHelp maintain/curate preferred staff list
- Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final mix playbacks, color correction reviews
- Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
- BA/BS Degree
- 10+ Years as Director of Post, Head of Post, or VP of post for a production company or vendor working in unscripted content
- 10+ years of experience within a medium to high budget studio, network or high volume production company or vendor
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
- Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, Pablo Rio, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.