About the Role:
WeWork is currently looking for an Inventory Accounting Manager. You will work directly with both accounting and operations to oversee the inventory function and ensure accurate and complete recording of inventory in the general ledger. The ideal candidate has strong inventory accounting knowledge, is a quick learner, and able to balance multiple priorities.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of inventory by completing month-end reconciliations between warehouse ledger and general ledger.
- Ensure in-transit inventory is properly reported and accounted for.
- Ensure physical inventory counts for the warehouse are recorded properly
- Review transfers in/out of inventory to ensure accurate recording
- Review and analyze inventory changes or adjustments
- Leads and provides business area expertise for processes and procedures on all financial matters relating to inventory accuracy and valuation.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or a related field.
- US GAAP experience and technical accounting knowledge around inventory preferred
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with inventory accounting
- Candidate must have experience with MS Office Suite with a strong emphasis on proficiency using Excel (working knowledge of Workday is preferred)
- Highly organized, work pro-actively and efficiently by completing tasks and deadlines; hand-on individual with initiative and problem solving skills.
- High acumen to detail and accuracy of data and information